1.1 This website www.simonehomes.com.au (Site) is proudly owned and operated by Simone Homes Pty Limited (ABN 15 601 714 381) (Simone Homes).
1.2 Simone Homes is a licensed builder operating under Licence Number 279361C.
3 What is personal information?
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not and is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
4.2 Simone Homes respects the rights and privacy of all of the users of the Site and its customers and is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) contained within the Privacy Act.
5 What type of personal information is collected
Simone Homes may collect and use the following information:
(1) Your name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, payment information and physical address.
(2) Information required to identify you (such as driver’s licence, passport, age card etc).
(3) Your preferences for particular homes, products or services.
(4) Tracking information as you navigate through the Site (such as cookies, tags, web beacons, your IP, length of visit, page views and navigational data collection).
(5) Information from and about the devices you use to access the Software including but not limited to IP addresses, the type of device you use and identifiers associated with your devices.
(6) Proof of land ownership, information relating to your income and credit worthiness with respect to the funds required to construct a home with Simone Homes.
(7) Any other personal information required in order to enter into a building contract with Simone Homes.
6 How is the personal information collected
Simone Homes collects your personal information through any of the following means:
(1) Through your use of the Site.
(2) As a result of you making queries through the Site or directly via telephone, fax, email or in person.
(3) Due to promotions, surveys and feedback forms.
(4) When you become a customer or supplier of Simone Homes.
7 Why does Simone Homes collect your personal information
Simone Homes collects the types of personal information referred to above in order to:
(1) assist Simone Homes in answering your queries in relation to your use of the Site;
(2) provide further information, and respond to your queries, in relation to the products and services offered by Simone Homes;
(3) allow Simone Homes and you to finalise and enter into a building contract or other types of related arrangements;
(4) informing you about its business (including new homes, homes for sale and its promotions and offers); and
(5) otherwise allow Simone Homes to provide better services (including for example feedback that you provide to Simone Homes or surveys you complete).
Given the nature of the products and services provided by Simone Homes, it is not practicable for Simone Homes to deal with people who have not identified themselves or use a pseudonym.
9 Security and retention
9.1 Simone Homes will store your information using third party cloud storage service providers, and/or on its servers and will use its reasonable endeavour to keep that information safe.
9.2 Simone Homes will retain information you store through the use of the Site or as a result of your dealings with Simone Homes for as long as it is needed in order to provide you with any products or services or marketing material.
9.3 Whilst Simone Homes take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, unfortunately there is always risk involved with storing information. Therefore, Simone Homes cannot guarantee or warrant that personal information will not be stolen or used without permission.
9.4 Simone Homes will not be responsible for any unauthorised access, disclosure or use of your personal information or uploaded data. If you suspect that someone has your personal information collected by Simone Homes, and you do not wish for them to have it, please contact the Privacy Officer of Simone Homes immediately (details provided below).
10 Disclosure to third parties
10.1 Disclosure may be made to third parties. Simone Homes may only disclose personal information collected from you internally, to its related entities, third party organisations, contractors, agents, third party service providers, professional advisers where disclosure is necessary to achieve the primary or secondary purpose or for the purpose of direct marketing.
10.2 You also consent to the personal information about you being processed, transferred and/or disclosed by Simone Homes to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including but not limited to protect against fraud and for related security purposes.
10.3 Other than the above, Simone Homes will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless permitted or required to do so by law.
11 Overseas disclosure
Simone Homes will not be disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients. Please note that some of the servers on which your personal information is stored may be located overseas.
12 Direct marketing
12.1 If you provide Simone Homes with your personal information, you consent to receiving direct marketing communications from Simone Homes and authorise Simone Homes to send you promotional messages and materials, unless you submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications.
12.2 The direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that you may request not to receive direct marketing communications.
12.3 If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from Simone Homes, please submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications or use the unsubscribe facility provided in the most recent email communication from Simone Homes on the details provided.
13 Access and correction
13.1 You generally have the right to access your personal information free of charge, subject to some limitations contained in the Privacy Act.
13.2 The APP’s set out some circumstances in which Simone Homes are not required to provide you with such access. If you ask for your personal information and any of these circumstances exist, you may be given access to the personal information in a way that is permitted under the Privacy Act.
13.3 To protect personal information held by Simone Homes, you may need to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted. It may take a little time to process your application for access and retrieve information from storage (if applicable) and Simone Homes may ask you to provide photo identification, or supply specific particulars pertaining to your identity.
14.1 If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer of Simone Homes via the details provided below. The Privacy Officer will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
14.2 If you are not satisfied with how Simone Homes have dealt with your complaint or if Simone Homes has been unable to resolve your complaint, under the Privacy Act, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). The procedure for making a complaint with the OAIC is located at the following website: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
15 Simone Homes’ Privacy Officer
To contact Simone Homes about your personal information, concerns or complaints, please contact the Privacy Officer:
By Mail: Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 811, Narellan NSW 2567
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: +61 2 4647 2122