Microwave Height Position In Your Kitchen
The position of your Microwave in your kitchen is always a hot topic. Unlike a dishwasher for example, where it can only go on the ground a Microwave on the other had can go both on top and underneath your bench top.
I going to run over some pros and con for both under and over your beach top positions.
Over Bench Microwave Position
- Out of reach of young children
- Easey to get to for elderly people
- Have the ability to watch what you are cooking
- You will have to look at it all the time and you may not like that
- Would take up room where you could have more storage
- Lifting heavy pots in and out may be difficult
Under Bench Microwave Position
- Completly out of sight
- Will allow more room for overhead cupboard
- Having somewhere close by to rest your food
- In reach of young children
- Always having to bend over when using it
- Not having the ability to watch what you are cooking
So as you can see there is pros and cons for both under bench microwave position and over bench positions.
Depending on the intended use of your new home with will determine what choices you make.
For example, if you are building your new home and you have kids or are planning to have kids in the near future then Probably an over bench position would work best.
Or, If you are building you and your kids are all grown up and you would prefer to have the microwave out of sight, then an under bench position would be for you.
In the end, what ever decision you decide to make it should be right for you and your needs.