Free standing Bath v Built In Bath
We hear so many people talking about that they have this wonderful free standing bath or this great built in bath.
You don’t really hear them talking about why they choose that style.
Today I am going to run you through some pros and cons with free standing bath and built in baths…
Free Standing Bath
- They can elevate your bathroom to the next level
- Can be a great stand out feature for your bath room
- Easier to install
- Harder to clean as you have to reach behind the bath
- Depending on style and martial, can be very costly
- Nowhere to place things around your bath
Built In Bath
- Cost effective
- Great for when your bathing small children and have to sit on the edge
- Planty of storage room around
- easy to clean.
- The focus of your bathroom is more on the tiles then the bath
- Can make your bathroom feel a lot smaller
- The edge around the bath can collect a lot of dust
These pros and cons get debated all the time when trying to choose what is best for you and your need.
Like always, when making any decision on things for your house I believe there are only two things you need to choose between, looks or practicality.
The ways something appears and feels like in its space.
The way something will be used in your home.
Once you have worked out which one of these two is more important to you then it will be a lot easy to make any decisions when trying to pick things for your new home.
And… If you are wondering, I would go for looks over practicality.
That’s just my personal opinion.